Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Weekend Warriors!

Things have been oh so busy in the house these days....

1. My husband found out that he was going to be free for a few days this past weekend. So, what did we do? We tore down 3 walls and gave the girls one big room instead of 2 little chopped up rooms. Actually, it was much easier that we expected. Their room (or rooms) was a big walk in attic and the owners of our house before us, had a little boy and a little girl, so they paid someone to make 2 rooms out of one big attic room. Well, we put in a movie for the girls and then we went to work with the crowbars and hammers. It was a blast and we did it all our selves and we are quite proud. Now we have to sand down what plaster is left on the ceilings and paint before their new carpet comes next week. It is amazing how huge their room is now. They love to play up there and they like sharing a room...for now, anyway.

2. Grace started ballet/tap dancing this week and she loves it! When I was little, for some reason, I couldn't take dance. I still have no idea why, but I would have loved to dress up like a ballerina once a week and dream. After dance class we went home and had lunch. Grace was helping me take stuff to the table and she says, "Now I know, Mommy, when I grow up, I'm going to be a ballerina and a waitress. I'm really good at bringing people their food!" I thought it was pretty funny. I am a little tired of the tap shoes already, though....we had to make a rule that the tap shoes stay in the bag until class. Those little shoes are quite loud when you have a house with tile floors!!! But, she is having a blast and that makes me smile. Little girls and all that dreaming! :)

3. We started life groups at church. This is something new for our (new) church and it just started this past Sunday night. We had several invites to different groups, but Aaron is friends with one of the single football coaches and they decided to start a life group for young people. I guess they got their wires crossed on their idea of young people. I was thinking, people OUR age, you know, young. But, Brian (the coach) was thinking young and single people. I was pretty upset on Sunday, because I was seeing these groups as a way for us to make some friends with kids, similar interests, etc...and then to see all these way younger people (18-25) was a little let down. But, we decided to let them meet at our house and we would be one of the leaders of the group. Maybe we have something to learn from them and maybe, just maybe, we have something to teach them. I've got a much better attitude today than I did Sunday night when the group met at the building and I had to spend the whole hour with my girls in the nursery while they were in group. If nothing else, maybe I'll meet someone to go shopping with while Aaron is at home with the girls!!!

4. VIDEO GAMES...we went to the mall this weekend and Aaron bought me the coolest x-box game. It is called, "Yourself Fitness" and it is great!! It is a workout video game and I love it. You have to set up your personal profile (ht, wt, goals, etc.) and then you start working out. It is so awesome and I recommend it soooo highly if you have an x-box or a husband who has one! Speaking of x-boxes, when I' m paying for my new game, they guy asks if I want to reserve a new x-box for November. It seems like just yesterday that we put down $300 for the old x-box and now there is a new one and it is $400? Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Happy Valentines Day and Happy Easter, Aaron!!! I just reserved your gift so now I'm done shopping for you for the year!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Jenn~

You two are busy bees! Those girls of yours are soooo cute!!! I hopw your group works out.... Stuck in the nursery, somethings still sound the same. Hee Hee.

Love & 30something,