Grace is loving her new team. She plays for the Texas Shock 2001 out of Mansfield. They are a great group of very talented girls and Grace (and the rest of the family) is fitting in just fine! This weekend we were in Grand Prairie for a 24 team, single elimination tournament. Translation: You lose once, you go home.
The main problem was that it rained Friday night. I'm not complaining one little bit! I am soo very thankful to God for the rain...every little tiny drop of it. In fact, I would have loved for it to have rained all weekend, but I'll take Friday night, too. So, when we arrived on Saturday morning a little before 7 am for warm-ups, they informed us that we were all going to be delayed until 11:00 so that they could work on the wet fields. We promptly drove home. The kids enjoyed a quiet morning, I went to Wal-Mart and fixed breakfast, while Aaron took a nap. We then headed back to the fields in Grand Prairie (a 30 min. drive from our house) when they told us that we had another delay until noon. No big deal. The girls played the biggest game of Sally Walker I've ever seen, played steam-roller and then finally got to warm-up to play ball. Fun times with new friends. My kids loved it. The girls are really great about including the little brothers and sisters and that really makes me one happy mama.
Then we started winning. We didn't lose Saturday or Sunday. In fact, we won the whole tournament! Grace, Brinklee and Reece pitched all weekend and were just fantastic. The team played great defense and hit the ball like crazy. Grace had a stand up double and triple. She also bunted in a run that helped us win a really close game on Sunday afternoon. She had her dad write it in her big accomplishment book. "a bunt to win a game" is what she called it. It was a pretty bunt. ha ha ha
After the games, the girls come over to the fence and do a little cheer with stomping and clapping with the crowd. It's really cute and Grace really does enjoy being on this team. I was wondering at first because she loves her Cobra buddies so very much, but she is fitting in just right with these new girls. I'm very thankful.
You can't leave out the funny pictures now, can you? They sit still for the group picture in the anticipation of the silly picture and I love it!
Here's our girl and her First place trophy. We are going to have to invest in some shelves with this team....we already have 3 huge trophies and it's only been 2 weekends! I guess it's a great problem to have. Go Shock!!
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is so wonderful for all of you that grace plays ball and is so awesome!!! People sometimes don't realize, even though sports schedules can be crazy, the opportunity it gives the whole family to meet new people especially in a new town is priceless! Miss you!
Post a Comment