So, today is a very unusual day. The house is clean...well, clean enough, the kids are all at school, and I don't have any meetings or appointments scheduled for today. I know. Crazy weird. I'm so thankful. I think I needed today to just sit and listen. I've got my Pandora radio set to the Casting Crowns station and I am just sitting and listening. Love it.
Life gets crazy busy. You know that and I know that. I can take a few minutes and blog for our family. Lately I've been in a bit of a funk. My parents live in Greece and will be there for the next 5 years. I love it. I am so excited that they get the one in a lifetime opportunity to do that. I miss them. I miss just picking up the phone and talking to my Mom. It's like she isn't there sometimes except for the occasional facebook post because of the silly time difference. It's just stinky. The next time we see them is in August and that just makes my heart hurt. Maybe we should ask the "oil company" for a transfer to Greece!
We've been super busy. Grace is playing on a select softball team here in Houston and Aaron is one of the assistant coaches. What is select softball? Basically....she plays softball year round. Practice Tuesday and Thursday nights and tournaments every weekend all around Houston. She loves it. She's pitching, playing outfield and first base. She has great friends on the team and we love the other families on our team. We should, though. We are with them all the time. It's a good thing that we all get along, huh? The only thing that would make it better is to win the lottery to pay for it....okay, now I'm just dreaming, aren't I?
Susannah is the social butterfly of the family. She loves being with her friends. Could care less about playing any type of sport, and believe me, we have tried to get her to play! She is just perfectly happy being with her friends and playing. And for that....I am so thankful.
Parker is a never ending bundle of energy. Get around him for 30 seconds and you will be worn out, too! He's got his school buddies on Tuesdays and Thursdays and then his buddies at church. There is always a good time going on if Parker is around...you can bet on that!
I've gotten pretty involved in the PTA at our school this year. I know you are totally surprised, right? I'm currently secretary of our board and this years' ballots are going out and I'm up on the ballot for President for this next year. Yeah, and our school has 1200 kids. Did I mention that? I love being involved at the girl's school. The PTA board is just wonderful. We all get along and we want what is best for our kids. I really do love it and that is why I do what I do. For the kids at the school. I guess it's my way of getting back into the classroom a little bit at a time. I do love being in the classroom!! On Wednesdays I get to go to Ladies Bible class at church with my friends and then on Wednesday nights I get to teach Susannah's first grade AWANA group. It's fun and I like being just with Susannah and giving her a little extra attention.
Aaron is still teaching for the "oil company that will not be named" and is still enjoying it! It could help that he is really good at what he does and people give him great feedback on his teaching. He's helping coach Grace's softball team and loves it...he asked the other day if he could just be a full time softball coach...ah, NO! :) He's also teaching in a rotation in our bible class at church that we help start with some friends this past year. It's going great and we've had a great response from the church in attendance in the class. I guess he's just a good all around teacher, because going back to read this...I just realized, all he does is teach! ha!
It's all good here in Texas. Busy, but good. We are so thankful for our family and our health. We have a God that loves us.
I'll get back on the blogging now...I'm going to make time for it again. It may not always be funny or insightful, but it's me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so glad you're starting back to sharing. I enjoyed hearing of your role as a wife and mother. It was very encouraging. I hope that you'll get a chance to visit Porto Rafti while your folks are there. It is a wonderful work and I'm sure they are a great addition to the work.I'm not real consistent with my blogging either. It kind of goes in spurts:)
YAY - no more gross Boise State (-:
Maybe you'll inspire me to update mine . . . someday soon.
Ah. So glad you are back. I missed you.
Don't you dare ask for a transfer to Greece!!!!!
Must feel good to get caught up on your blogging!
Hi Jennifer. Don't know if you remember me from Harding - Becky Long...anyway I stumbled upon your blog and was reading that your parents are in Greece and you miss being able to call them. Well, my parents are in China and they actually have a US phone number that is the same area code where I live, so it's not even long distance. When your parents come to the states next time, have them check into getting a vonage phone. It works through their computer. I do have to pay attention to the time zone difference, but I can call my parents from home or my cell. I love it, and so do they!
Post a Comment