Last night, I stayed up until 11:00 watching, hoping and begging the Virginia Tech football team for a win against the biggest joke in college football. Yes, I said joke. Well, the Boise State Broncos came back in the last minute, scored and dashed all hopes for a real team of being in the top of the BCS Championship series. Gross. Just gross.
I mean, really. This is the only time that Boise State will play a real team....the next closest thing that they play to a good team is Oregon State. Really?? That is it? Come on. You've got to get some real teams on your schedule. And don't give me this, "We challenged all of college football to come and play us and they didn't respond" Junk....Real teams set their schedules 3 to 5 years in advance. That is why they are REAL teams.
Arrgggh. Now for the next 3 months, we get to hear about how "great" Boise State is because they will be undefeated come December. WAC conference. Joy. Really, do you want to be a part of a conference that is called "WAC?"
I do have to give their QB, Kellen Moore, a tiny little credit. He ran the picture perfect 2 minute drill for a touchdown and the win. If only VT had made that 2 pt. conversion just a little while before.....or had just showed up for the first quarter.
And that folks, is why I LOVE college football. Not the Boise State Broncos, so much...but college football!!
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ryan says "Ouch!" And then he had a few other choice phrases for you. He says "Every time they have played a "real school" (Oregon, OU, OSU, TCU, VT) they have won." Seriously, Jen, you may have just made it so that our friendship has to be secretive. Way to go.
And you say I never post anything anymore... September! Really!!!
Post a Comment