Wednesday, June 02, 2010

2 big things for Susie!!

First off....the big girl lost her 2 front top teeth!! Oh my word, Susie Q!! She pulled and prodded on one tooth last week and now this week she lost the one beside it. So funny! She lost the second one Sunday night after pushing and playing with it all weekend...she came in my bed Monday morning, "MOM! I lost my tooth!" I was excited for her! So I said, "Well, let me see it!" She looks down, "Mom, I lost it. I lost my tooth and then I lost it!" We went up and it had fallen out in her sleep. It was that loose!! So, it was in her sheets and we found it! She wrote a note to the tooth fairy Monday night, "Please lev the tooth. Love, Susannah" So cute.

Today was Kindergarten graduation at Susie's school. They also called it the "Celebration of Learning" but with graduation all tied in...whatever! They sang 2 songs and then all 9 classes (20+ kids in each class) all got their names called and got to walk across the stage. She felt like such the big kid and was so excited. It was pretty cute.
Here is Susie and her best buddy Sammy from school....They are 2 peas in a pod and they make me laugh all of the time. I'm so thankful for cute little school friends and looking forward to summer playdates! Next year we will all be together in the same 1st grade class so we have to keep these kids liking each other over the summer!!
Mrs. Holdman has been one of the very best Kindergarten teachers that I've ever met...and I've met quite a few in my time teaching, remember. She loves these kids so much but is still has taught them so many things this year. Next year in first grade is going to be even better. We are so very thankful that she is looping up with the whole class. That shows you what a great teacher she is...not one person wanted to switch teachers...100% of the class re-signed up to be with her again. A wonderful blessing we've had and will continue to have next year.

Way to go, Susannah. Can't believe that you are a first grader now. Love you much, sweet girl.

Mrs. Holdman made us each a DVD with a 15 minute slide show and told us to watch it at home. Oh my word. I was a complete puddle by the end of that 15 minutes. Seeing how much Susannah has changed in just 9 short months. It's going by way too fast for this mama!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carrie Brown said...

She is so cute! She looks so much like you!! Ben is eagerly awaiting the lost tooth!!:)