Monday, December 14, 2009

Yes, I'm still behind...

I know, I know...I'm still about 3 weeks behind on blogging, but I'm going to catch up this week...
Okay, maybe not because of this weeks crazy schedule and all, but we will see. Aaron is having knee surgery on Wednesday...he has a torn ACL and meniscus. He thinks that he will be well enough for us to drive to Arkansas on Friday afternoon. I disagree and think that we will not be making the journey to the Land of Opportunity until at least Monday, but we will see. If anything, say a prayer on Wednesday morning for everything to go well. Aaron's mom will fly in late Wednesday night to pick up her car from our house and then drive to Florida to be with his sister Carrie. Carrie and her hubby, Dale, are expecting their first baby in the next few weeks and we are sooo excited. After spending a little while in Searcy, we are driving down south to be with the Green side of the family and hopefully we will get to love on the newest member of the family while we are there!!

Okay, back to the updates from November....after we got back from Mexico we decided to get out the Christmas tree. Yes, I know, it was before Thanksgiving, but with going out of town for most of the holidays, we decided that we actually wanted to enjoy it this year. So, we got the tree up and the house all decorated and it was time for us to go to Kennett, Missouri to Grandma's house for Thanksgiving. My Grandma is 99 years old and she is amazing. She still drives, teaches ladies bible class and works in the benevolence center at her church. We joke around that Grandma is going to outlive all of us....she is a wonderful example for me and I'm so thankful that she is my Grandma. There were 29 of us packed in her house on Thanksgiving. The kids had a blast with their cousins...they played in the backyard, sang us songs with dances and made some interesting concoctions from all of the stuff in Grandmas' bathroom...Grace and Courtney!! It was a fun weekend and I'm so thankful that we made the LONG trip there to be with all of the family.

When we got home from the Thanksgiving trip it got so cold down here in Houston that it SNOWED! The kids were so very excited and to tell the truth....so were we! I mean, really, who doesn't love snow?? It warmed up the very next day, but we had snow for one day and it was perfect! The girls got out of school early and we had a fun time playing in the snow and just being together as a family. Parker ran inside and grabbed the ice cream scoop, "MOM! I'm going to make some snowballs with this and throw them at Susie and Grace!" Oh...he is a fun little guy. So...enjoy the pics. As usual...the pictures loaded backwards on blogger...you would think they would have that fixed by now! Or do they and I just don't know how to use it after 5 years of blogging?? Oh well...

Susie loved the snow...you can tell we live in Houston. She has on a dress and tights from school that day! She stayed outside for a long time...I came in much quicker than them and I was bundled up!




The kids had a snowball fight with the neighbors across fence...it was so funny and they loved it!

They last day of school before Thanksgiving break was Susie's Thanksgiving feast! The kids put on a little song and dance show for us and then the kids ate so much food.

This was the middle of the dance...she was mid-spin!

Stephanie wanted pictures of our house decorated for Christmas....so I got Parker to pose by telling him, "Don't you get in my pictures!" Why do they always do what you tell them NOT to do? Oh well...it worked!

Next year, I will have a foyer tree....I only say that because Aaron bought the kids a new TV for the playroom with my new tree money....Okay, I guess the tree can wait until the after Christmas sales. I want it to be right behind where Parker is standing...just dreaming.

3 comments:

Rushton said...

Great pictures! I couldn't tell they were backward! Send us some of the snow, all we are getting is your rain!
Hope Aaron's surgery goes well. One of the ladies in my knitting class is having the same surgery this week. She's a bit ahead of him though at 60+!
While you are twiddling your thumbs at the hospital, you can log in and read my Aaron's new blog. He's looking for a church (and a wife - I think in that order!) It is: ajrasking@blogspot.com
Love you and yours!
Tell your mom I got in touch with Kirk Lane - first time in 30 years. Found his Bible in some of Mother and Daddy's things as I was moving stuff out. The inscription from his folks was "To the sweetest little boy in the world." Precious!

jess said...

The house looks great!!!
Call me on Wed and let me know how Aaron is doing.
I bet he will recover quickly.
Love you lots......

Jen Mall said...

I will be praying for Aaron!

By the way...who doesn't love the snow...ME!