Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Denial....

I think that is the state that I am. Denial...not Texas.

I keep hearing people talk but I have just been putting all the "miss you" comments in the back of my head and not really hearing them because I just don't want to think about it. Really, I don't. Tomorrow the movers come to pack up the house. Today is my last day with my things in our house. Our house that we picked out to raise our kids in, the house that we picked out to have people over for dinner and pool parties (the pool was coming in next summer). And I really know it's not about the house and the things. If anyone knows that...it is us. Really, I could care less about our stuff...it's not that great in the first place....really, with 3 kids we are not into "stuff."

Goodness, I'll have all of these things when we get to Houston. I think it is all of the things that I wanted to do in this house with my kids and our family HERE. I know, I'm thinking selfish but this is about the time that I break down in the moving process and for some stinkin' reason (you FRIENDS!! :) ) it is so much incredibly harder this time than it has ever been. Watching the kids with their friends at church here is what makes it all so hard for me. I know that is what is making it so hard with this move. Our kids have never been old enough to have those "best friends" that they will actually miss. Looking at them and wanting them to have those relationships when they go to high school and college...ugh!

I know, I'm being a baby now, but it's my turn to cry and then I'll be done until we get in the car on Sunday. At that point, I think I will cry all the way out of town. I know the kids will meet other kids and life will go on. I do. I'm not a moving rookie. I've been though it before. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.....

This time it just hurts. Plain and simple. I love our church family here so much and it just hurts to go. Our lives and relationships are centered at our church and I love that. At any given time, I can come back go to church and see everyone that I want to see here in the big city. And I love that. We will find a new church in our new city....right now it just hurts to leave here. I know God has a plan and I'm all for it. Just right now, I want to cry and be sad for a little bit.

Love ya'll....Mean it.

9 comments:

Dyane said...

I felt that way when we left Texas back in 2004. One of the reasons we didn't move back to Texas last year was because I didn't think I could live through leaving it all over again if things changed (like they have SO often in our lives, like yours!)

I'm keeping you in my prayers. No one will begrudge you a lot of tears on this one. As the kids get older it gets that much harder on everyone.

Love you guys and looking forward to seeing the life you make for your family in Houston! (You don't mind us all stopping in for a visit, right?! (-:

Anonymous said...

We are so sad you guys are leaving. Your family means the world to us ~ you're family. I'm not sure how we are all going to make it through church Sunday morning. LOTS OF KLEENEX! God has been so good to bless us with your sweet family. I guess it's only fair to share you with Houston. I'm not happy about it though. We love you. Thank you for your example of servitude. You've taught us so much. Visit often, PLEASE!!!
love,
Steph

Jen Mall said...

Denial is a better place than Houston! Don't you love that I am such a supportive friend! Oh, Jenn we will miss you all so much! I think I am feeling a little sickness coming on that will hit me sometime Saturday night and into Sunday morning, so if I am not at church Sunday, you'll know THAT is the reason...it has nothing to do with goodbyes...because really I am good with goodbyes...they aren't hard for me at all!

Amber said...

Jenn~

Love you! You're in my prayers~

Love & God has a plan,
Am

Shannon said...

You helped me so much when we had to leave Little Rock so I hope that can repay the favor. So sorry that you have to readjust AGAIN! You will be such a blessing to a new congregation and group of people. Give yourself some time to grieve. It's ok to cry. My favorite place is in the shower!!!! :) It keeps your nose from getting so stopped up and no one can hear you! Love ya!

Jill said...

Oh girl... You and your family are in our prayers! I know this will be hard for you. I felt the same way when we moved from OK to here. You are the best "friend maker" I think I have EVER seen... you'll be just fine!

We are going to miss you & your sweet family, but I know that you will come back for visits!!!

Love ya!

Jessica said...

i love you sister. mean it.
if you want to cry. call me. i will listen to you cry.
won't say a word......promise.
xoxoxoxo

mom said...

Crying is good for the soul...atleast that's what"they"say. Yes, I know you will all be fine, but that doesn't make the leaving hurt any less. We all feel for you all and love you much.

Allan said...

What in the world am I supposed to say Sunday?!? Servanthood. Servanthood. Servanthood. That's the theme that keeps running through my mind as I think about your precious family. Selfless service.

Of course, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:00 are special. I think the baseball bats and tennis rackets in my office are there just for Parker. Carley wants Grace to spend the night "one more time." Aaron hasn't pump-faked anybody in the Legacy gym in over a month.

It's weird. It's so stinkin' weird. What in the world am I supposed to say?!?