The kids and I are in Searcy at my parents house. I know, I know...I should be at home, but why?? It's summer and we are about to move a good 9 hours away from my parents in a few weeks so we are going to have a fun visit while we can. Also, I came to pick up the kids and stay for a few days while the house gets on the market. Little did we know...
Very long story made short...the 2 realtors who are hired by the relocation company to give us their "opinion" on how much the house should sell for, had numbers that were over $40,000 a part...ugg! So the relo company had to send our "case" to a third party to review and decide on what price we should put the house at. Everyday I would call and ask our relo coordinator what was going on...I'm sure she already is tired of me, but goodness...I want to get my house on the market!! Aaron's company will buy our house after 3 months on the market so they don't want it mispriced, so they get one of the final says on the house price. Anyway, all of that leads to the fact that our house is STILL not on the market and I'm a little miffed, but I'll get over it.
Tomorrow is Parker's 3rd birthday and we are going to celebrate it at my sister's house with a pool party. He keeps walking around saying, "Today I am 2, but tomorrow I will be 3!!" He is just a little excited! So, for now we are staying here at my parents house and will be home on Thursday when Aaron gets to come home too. That way we will all be at home together...I just really don't want to be there without him...it's just not home if we all aren't together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wished I have checked your blog earlier. Might have made an effort to get over to Searcy to see you and those sweet kids! You need to bring them to Memphis somethimes! Maybe you can plan to be a part of our between Christmas and New Years party this year. I didn't realize until I was talking to Laura the other day how much that time meant to her. She was telling John that it was the highlight of the year for her when she could be with all of ya'll and play and stay up late and eat what she wanted and you all played so good together. She remembers it as one of the most fun times of the year. That made me really excited. Makes me want to carry on the tradition with our kids' kids! john says he's fine with it as long as we don't make him play spoons...he thinks that's a silly game but if we play trivial pursuit, we will not let him and Beckie be on the same team! They're both too smart!
I feel like we haven't seen ya'll in forever!!! I finally "officially" broke the news to my kids last night. Mason had overheard the news, so he wasn't surprised. Kendall, however, had no idea. She wouldn't look at me and had nothing to say about how she felt about "Parker moving far away." I guess it is good that they really have no concept of "moving." I wish I had no concept of it.
Post a Comment