Friday, May 01, 2009

Too much stuff on my mind....

Oh my word...I know I say that phrase so much but it is true for our past 24 hours.

You know us, we have lived in the far corners of the U.S. Really....Alaska, S. Texas, Florida....You name it, we have probably lived there and loved it. We have loved every part of our lives and our moving, but here is where we love being right now and it is home for us.

Aaron called yesterday morning from work, "Hey, do you want to move to Houston?" I totally thought he was kidding...you know with the whole swine flu thing going around and all and just brushed him off. I told him to call me back later when he was really serious.

He called back 10 minutes later and I was crying buckets 30 seconds into the conversation. With cutbacks and people getting fired left and right, his company is "re-shuffling" everyone around to keep their "best" players (as we were told yesterday.) They offered Aaron a position in Houston. For the first time in his career with his company, Aaron told his boss no....He told him that we love our family here, our kids are in school and we really don't want to leave. His boss told him that he respected him for the decision, but the "powers that be" may come back with a different answer.

Who knows?? I honestly don't even know what to pray for at this point. Well...that's not telling the truth because I was honestly on my knees begging God to let us stay here yesterday morning. I know what I WANT to happen, but does God have another plan? I don't know that answer.

God has opened wonderful opportunities up for us EVERYWHERE we have gone in the past 12 years. We have wonderful friends...all over the United States because he led us all of these neat and far off places.

Am I thankful???
You bet!!

Do I want to move again??
NOOO!

Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord, whatever the decision may be that comes. He loves us and He is always there.

Am I crying right now?
Yes, I love my church family here, dearly. I love my children's friends and hate the thought of uprooting my kids from them and their home.

Will we be okay? Yes. God will watch us and protect us where ever we go.... It's just a little too hard to think about right now.

Whatever Aaron's bosses come back with, whenever they come back with their answer....we will be fine....I just thought I would let ya'll know about our past 24 hours so that you don't wonder why I just might not be smiling quite so big or have some big streaks down my face.

Love ya'll....Mean it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know it's not ideal, but *I* live in Houston and me and B would make great couple friends! Sure we only have one kid for yours to play with, but it's a start and we'd LOVE to have you in Houston! Oh, and thanks for making me worry about the swine flu!;) There was a report that the little boy who died from it was at the Galleria while he was contagious and we were just at the Galleria last week. Lovely. But anyway, seriously, Houston's not so bad!:)

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that you have been a part of my life. i'm leaving soon too, but i'll still be connected with your parents and stuff. you and your family are truly amazing, from parker greeting me with his punches and comments about my stomach, i'm blessed to have you guys in my life. thank you for that. i know that god will bless you wherever he wants you to be and you will bless those around you. thank you so much for embracing me this last year before i leave. let's keep up even when i go to harding and all.

peace.

Dyane said...

I totally know how you feel, friend!

Sending up prayers for you to be at peace with whatever comes next.

Jen Mall said...

UGH! I couldn't even stand to read this word for word! I think you are handling this news exceptionally well...think about how I would react...are you laughing or crying now?

Love you girl!

Allan said...

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord! Selfishly, I'll pray your prayers with you to our God. You're too valuable to our church family. I also want to watch Gracie be baptized. I want to be there when Susie sings at LTC. I want to help Parker preach his first sermon.

And I can't imagine Aaron driving the lane to score the winning bucket at the buzzer for any other church team in the state.

May our Lord bless y'all richly with his continued mercies and grace. And may he grant you peace, perfect peace.

David and Olivia said...

Thanks for letting us know so we can be praying with you. I'm thankful for your attitude with it and pray that you guys keep trusting in Him. He knows your hearts and your desires. He also knows where you will be most effective for His kingdom. Lifting you guys up to Him!

Amber said...

Jenn~

As always your family is in our thoughts! I'm thankful you have a strong faith and will make the best of what ever situation you are in.... Remember, there's always AK!!! Love ya!