The fundraiser for Fortress and their Building Blocks program is tomorrow night and I'm so excited about going. The kids in the Building Blocks program are doing so great. They are learning more every day and I love being there on Mondays. Parker prayed for his friend, Jo Jo, last night when he said his night time prayers. It made my heart so happy. There are some great auction items that we are ready to bid on for Christmas presents for the family and to make some money for a program that we strongly believe in here in Ft. Worth. If you live in the area and would like to come to our Fundraiser tomorrow night, give me a call or leave me a message. I'll be glad to help you get a ticket! There is everything from a Tony Romo signed football to a 7 day trip to stay in Belize. It should be so great. Uncle Julio's is catering on site...ymmm....something that you don't want to miss!
What else....Hmmm...Oh, I almost forgot that tonight I'm taking the girls to Six Flags "Fright Fest" with our friends the Bozemans from Graham. Aaron has a softball game so he and Parker are going to have a guys night. I'm hoping that Fright Night won't be too scary or I may have to leave early! And then to cap off the busy weekend, we have a great worship time planned for Sunday morning with Trunk or treat on Sunday night. Wheew....I think that my bed is going to look pretty great on Sunday night!
Okay, you can read what I wrote 3 weeks ago, if you have enough time. There is a little thing snuck in there that you can do if you follow the directions, too! I'll be back better after the weekend. I just wanted to write and get all of my loved ones off my back about not blogging for so long!
Here is the ever so late post:
My friend, Chandra, nominated me for a blog award. I can't believe it! he he he. You know sometimes when you read a blog and you just feel like that person is living your life, but in a different place? That is Chandra to me. When we lived in Alaska, we took advantage of every opportunity that we could for the 2 short years that we lived there. I think we visited every museum, park and most certainly the zoo all the time. Isn't that what season passes are for? Well, Chandra, her hubby B and their cute little boy, H, so remind me of us at that time in our lives. They live up north and are embracing life even though they are true southerners. I love it. Also, she is a lover of coffee just like me. I cannot make it though my morning without my cup of java.
I just realized that I started writing this post like 2 weeks ago....Chandra sent me a great pay it forward gift....a jar of pumpkin butter from the pumpkin patch that they like to visit in New Jersey! I was like a little kid at Christmas opening up a gift, I was sooo excited! So, if you agree to do this too, I will send a gift to the first 3 people that comment on my blog, too! Let's all pay it forward! So you just post on your blog that you are going to send out a pay it forward gift to the first three people that comment and then I will pay it forward to you! If you are here in town, I make a mean Sour Cream cake! :) Be sure to let me know in my comments that you are going to pay it forward, too!
Okay, back to Chandra...She gave me a "I love your blog" award.
So sweet. Love her and her blog. Now it's my turn to pick out four people and their blogs. HMMMM.... so many blogs, so little time before a child melts down and I have to tend to a ouchie that may or may not be there.So, when you're nominated you get to pass on four awards to someone else. My nominees are:
1. This Pilgrims Progress. Yes, this is my cousin, Kathryn's blog. She is a great writer and has some super recipes that she posts as well. She has a grown son so she has time to do cool things like...READING! I love to read her book reviews. One day I'll get to read again, too. She and her hubby John got back from a fun trip to Italy and I loved looking at all of her pictures.
2. The Salza Family. This is my great friend from college, Shellie. She is a mom blogger like me, but she went all political on me this week and I LOVED it! Her little boy is a cutie, too!
3. X-Box Wife. I am so blessed to personally know Mrs. Brownstone, aka X-box wife, and I love her dearly. She has created a place in the blogsphere where you can go every week and post your, "10 Things Tuesday" and tell about 10 things (any day of the week) that you are Thankful for that week! What a blessing and I'm thankful for her!
4. The Parks Family. We go to church with the Parks family and what a talented and creative family that they are, indeed! She designs blogs, makes bows and is super wife and mom all at the same time!
4 comments:
Yea! I'm first! I want to play the pay it forward game! Surely I can get creative & come up with things to pay forward... I'll write a post about it when I get a chance!
Thanks for the award too! I'll start thinking about who I want to give the award to!
I'm game . . . and I would HAPPILY count a cell phone charger as my gift! (-:
Hmmmm, it might be a little hard to do from far away, but sounds like fun... I'll get cracking on it :)
I love my award!!! I can't wait to pass it on. See you soon.
K
Post a Comment