Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10 Things Tuesday!

I'm trying to come back to the blogging world....I'll start with my 10 things Tuesday!

1. I'm thankful that it is Tuesday!!

2. I'm thankful that Grace is feeling better. She woke up at 2:30 this morning, had some tummy issues, but hasn't had any action in the restroom since about 6:30. That means that she can go on her field trip tomorrow, if she is up to going!

3. I'm thankful for friends that can keep my little ones so that I can go on a Wednesday morning field trip.

4. I'm thankful that the school carnival is over and was a fun day for everyone. I really think that our PTA is clicking along and we have a great mix of officers and volunteers. We had a good time on Saturday, but I'm glad that today is Tuesday! Did I say that already?

5. I'm so very thankful that the "Fall for Fortress" 1st Annual Charity Event went so well. There were so many generous donors and bidders. The last I heard, the total was over $15, 000 raised for Fortress Youth Development Center! It was a wonderful and fun night. We got to sit at a table with the host for the evening, Doug Dunbar, a local celebrity news anchor. He did an absolutely wonderful job as the Master of Ceremonies for the night and he and his wife were fun to sit with at the table. Thanks to everyone who put the evening together. It was a smashing success in my eyes!

6. I'm thankful for fun trips to see loved ones from far away! This weekend we are going to Searcy for Reagan and Nate's wedding!! I love Reagan so much and we are so excited for the two of them as they build their new life together. We also get to go trick-or-treating at Nana and Papa's house so that is a great bonus to the weekend. The kids can't wait to see everyone, but they especially want to see Aunt Jess and Uncle Cliff...of course!

7. I'm thankful for fun trips that we are planning! At the Fortress Auction, we had some friends that bid and won a trip to somewhere tropical and we are going, too! We all ordered our plane tickets last night while we were talking on the phone and I can't wait for our fun times in February!

8. I'm thankful for friends from Graham that keep coming back to see us. The Bozemans came in Friday night and we took the kids to Fright Night at Six Flags. Aaron had a softball game so he and Parker had a boys night in town and I took the girls to Arlington to meet the crew from Graham. Susie loved being with her best little buddy McKynna and Grace had a great time with Bryce and Gage. We saw several families from church there and there wasn't one thing "frightful" about the whole night.

The kids were pretending to be scared in the pictures....these blow up things were as about as scary as the place got. Of course, we left BEFORE the parade of the zombies at 11:00, too. Don't want to see TOO much in one night!

9. I'm thankful for a hubby that sees when I'm pushed to the limit and steps in and helps me out. This weekend was busy and there were so many things going on...Sunday night he started cleaning the office and living room. Love him...so much!

10. I'm thankful for a church family that loves us. We had truck or treat Sunday night and it was a blast. Aaron was the man in the yellow hat and Parker was Curious George. Of course, you can't tell very good in the pictures because the wind was so crazy...it kept blowing his hat in all directions. Grace was Wonder Woman and Susie was Little Bo Peep. We all stayed warm, for the most part and had a great time with the kids and our friends. It was a fun night for all.

Now, go over to X-Box wife and share YOUR Ten Things Tuesday!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice list. I love finding reasons to be thankful.

blessings!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Great list - sounds like you have some great family fun going on - and a wonderful husband to help with all the great family fun!!!

Rushton said...

I am thankful for a friend like you - someone I wouldn't recognize at the mall - but someone who has become very dear to my heart!

I am thankful for your parents who are dear to me and for your dad to have been in the position to teach my daughter!

I am thankful for our mutual friends who've brought us together through the Internet.

I'm thankful for shared birthdays...

...and wonderful Aarons

I'm also thankful that the Titans beat the Colts

and that we are still speaking!

That's only 8 but you get the drift!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Poor Grace! She can't seem to catch a break on the health front! Maybe the new sickness will pass just as quickly as this one did.

Love the Halloween pics!