Monday, August 06, 2007

Lots of fun!

We have just been having a great time here at my parent's house in Searcy. I just love coming to Searcy. Of course, it's home, so that is why I love it so, but even more because my kids love it, too. Today it was soo extremely hot that we aired up the pools and got wet for a few hours. It was so fun for the kids and was a nice cool break for us, as well. We are really missing my Dad this visit...he took my Grandma James to my cousin's funeral in North Carolina. My cousin, Bobby (on the James side of the family) was playing pool with some friends last week, went to the restroom, had a heart attack and died. So sad. He was 47 and leaves a wife and 3 very young children behind. I'm so glad that Dad could drive Grandma over to the funeral to be with my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bob, I know they were happy to see them both and to have them close in such a sad time. So, Dad and Grandma will drive back tomorrow and we will leave to go back to our house in Texas tomorrow. We'll see him next visit!
I am soo thankful that our sweet kids travel so great....we stopped only once on the way here on Friday for gas and food (all in the same stop) and they were great in the car. Let's hope for a repeat of that tomorrow!! Today I got to go out to lunch with my childhood buddy, Katy Staggs White, and her little boy, Gabe. We went out to the Cookie Basket and had much fun talking and eating...we always get together at least once when I come back to town and I always love our visits.
Okay, I'm off to get to bed for I will be in the car tomorrow and hoping to be home before rush hour traffic in Dallas starts!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

The one thing I miss about Searcy..Cookie Basket. Glad you trip was fun-filled!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip! Sorry your dad had to miss being there and sorry about your cousin. I'm also sorry that you didn't get to stay just a couple more days so I could see you on Friday...but that's life..maybe next time!