Monday, August 27, 2007

First day of first grade!!

This morning, Grace went off to First grade! What an exciting morning here at our house in Ft. Worth! Yesterday, I bought her own alarm clock (a little pink one) and she set it last night on her own and got up this morning on her own....we will see how long that lasts, right? I put it on her dresser, so she has to get out of bed to turn it off instead of just hitting the snooze button like her mother. Don't you just love the snooze button?
She was up and dressed before I could hardly blink...she picked out this new dress to wear, "because I want to make a great first impression" were her exact words. Sometimes I wonder if she really is in the first grade....big phrases for a little kid! She loves her teacher, she already knew her from last year. She was the first one in the classroom so she was very happy to get to do everything first.
Everyone at Grace's school always takes their picture in front of this mural at the front of the school in the hallway. I didn't get to get the good part of the picture in because there were so many people there for the first day.
It sure is quiet around here and she has only been gone to school for less than an hour! Susie starts school next week....then it is going to be REALLY weird!!

Oh, if you get the chance when it comes to your town (or the town close to yours) buy a ticket for you and your friends for the Women of Faith Conference. It was GREAT! I loved every minute of the conference and the singing was amazing...Sandi Patty was pretty great, along with all the speakers. What wisdom they shared. Many tears of sorrow and many tears of laughter flowed. It was just so wonderful. We had 30 women from our church go and I know we all loved it. Four of us stayed together in a beautiful hotel in downtown Dallas that was built in 1912! It was neat, but more than anything we all had a great time being together and enjoying a little time to ourselves. Just perfect to start out the new school year!

Last night was our fantasy football draft party for our church league. It was 14 men and myself. Next year I will let Aaron draft our team and go upstairs and read a book. Too many men and too many jokes. Aaron and I are sharing a team this year,which will be fun, but we got 12 pick in the draft last night (not fun)...we got a good quarterback (Carson Palmer) and a good running back, but other than that, I just hope they are all good supporting players. We will see. I don't know why I'm blogging about my sports team, ya'll don't watch football......we'll a few of ya'll do. This is the first year that we don't have one Colt on our team and I don't know if I can survive!! Maybe someone will trade.

What can I do today? The house is clean, the laundry is done and I'm minus one child. Maybe I'll take a nap!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i can't believe its already time for the first grade!!
i bet she made a great first impression...those kids are hard not to like.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I agree with Reagan! Your kids wil do great in school and taking a nap sounds like a good idea to me!

Jennifer said...

You crack me up Jen, I love football but I express my admiration in your fantasy football ventures! Jonathan and I are really ready for the pre-season to be DONE so we can get on to the real stuff.

It looks like Grace has a great time at school! What a blessing! And keep up that alarm clock thing; I have seen so many seniors in high school who are still using their moms as alarm clocks and it causes major family tension. If she's doing it now, I encourage her in that!!!!