Monday, March 26, 2007

Back to the gym

Okay all my Alaska friends, you don't know how great you have it there with the Alaska Club. It's a great gym, not a bad price and wonderful childcare with a huge childcare center. I joined Bally total fitness yesterday. I have a friend at church who is a member so I joined so we could go together and besides, I really miss the gym and my little jeans really miss me. So, I joined. It is nothing like the Alaska Club. The Kid's club is a room. And when I say room, I mean small room...smaller than my living room, room. But, they have crayons, some toys and a TV and the ladies working there are nice. Parker and Susie had a great time this morning and I ran over 2 miles for the first time in a VERY long time. It feels great. Susie is in the other room finishing her lunch (she eats soooo slow) and I'm having some quiet time while Parker is napping. Back to the gym. I checked out several gyms around here and I'm not kidding here....they wanted over $100 a MONTH for membership fees. Yah, that is a little too steep for me and my wanting to run on a treadmill and have some mommy time so we opted for Bally's fitness, that is a little lower end. They have a little lap pool and plenty of equipment...it just isn't big and spread out like our old gym in Alaska, but for the price I can live!! I just can't believe that people can pay that much a month and then most people don't even go enough....Oh well....I'm going to be sore, but I already feel great just because I got up and to the gym!!
Parker has a cough that just won't go away so I'm taking all 3 kids to the doctor this afternoon...that was the quickest they could get him in and I just think that the little guy is miserable with that cough.

Aaron leaves on Sunday for his training class in Houston for 2 months! Yes, 2 months and Grace's first softball game is on Saturday. What were we thinking? Oh well, I have done it before and I can do it for a little bit longer...Aaron is going to do great in his school. If he finishes in the top 3 he gets a nice raise. I'm just really going to miss him while he is down there. He has 2 weekends off so when he does get to come home we are going to be soooo thankful that he is here!! So, we trying to get a lot done around here before he leaves...Keep us in your prayers for safe travel and the weeks to go by fast!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bally's here won't take kids until they are walking and over a year! (They failed to mention that to me when I joined 7.5 months pregnant, so I cancelled within the 1st 30 days.)

2 months is a loooong time, I know. Hope it goes by quickly and without incident! (-: You guys could always come up here to kill time . . . ha ha ha! (You're welcome here, of course, though I doubt you are THAT crazy to do it on your own!)

Anonymous said...

Wow! 2 months! Girl, I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Surely you will be making trips to grandparents often...right? Gym...I haven't been in so long I am not even sure I could find one...aaaagh!

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I think Aaron planned that trip so he woudln't have to come to Spring sing or hear us signg United We Stand when it is over if he didn't go with us...but I am really glad that you are coming. I'll be praying for you as you make that trip all by yourself and for the two months that you are a single mom. That does not sound like fun at all! Love you, girl!