When we moved into this house in January, the first thing that we knew that we needed right then was storage. Our old house (30+ years old) had great storage and built-in's. This house (built 2003) has none! So, Aaron has gotten to build many new things with his tools that have long been not used in the past few years because of his busy work schedule. He built these bookcases for the kids in their playroom upstairs and they were just bookshelves with storage in the bottom (there is a Barbie bin, dress-up clothes bin and 2 sections for stuffed animals). On Monday, Aaron finished the desk and top shelf that he designed for the whole set and it looks great! Grace and Sus have been busy creating lots of projects on the desk already and I love having all of their coloring books out of my office downstairs!! We put a lamp and a radio on the top shelf and it all works together really well...
I got the kids all dressed up in cute little sundresses and Parker in a matching little boy outfit to go to the mall and get their picture made with the Easter bunny...yah, he isn't going to be there until today (Saturday) for the first time....so, we went to the mall and walked around for a little while, all the time having the girls beg for cookie money, knowing that I had just made a new batch at home! I think that their Aunt Jess and Uncle Cliff have gotten them cookies one too many times at the mall!! he he he By the way, they did not get a cookie and were just fine!
Parker started eating real cherrios this week!! Yes, the first step to real people food and I can't believe it is for real!!! He gets excited now when he sees the box coming out of the pantry...He now has 4 teeth on bottom and 3 on top!! No biting action.....yet!
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aaron it looks great with the desk finished...you're sooo handy! Let's see what projects I can find for you here in Searcy!!
Oh my gosh!!! That desk and storage unit is so great! What fun the girls will have enjoying it! And what fun you will have having a "home" for everything :) When we move back to the states we may have to get Aaron to let us in on the dimensions and everything of how he made that! I'm a huge fan of organization, or as my mom would say, containing the chaos :)
Post a Comment