We made it here to Searcy for Christmas on Friday. The movers came on Wednesday and packed almost everything up and then we rushed off to church for our going away party. It was great. Our preacher, Dorman Holub, made the stew for everyone and it was sooo wonderful. What is funny is that he washed all the veggies for the stew in the dishwasher, thru the rinse cycle. Pretty smart, eh? The going away party was wonderful, they gave us a simply BEAUTIFUL plaque that says, "Friends are Family one makes along the way"....I really love it and can't wait to get it put in our new house!! Santa came to the party and the kids really liked sitting with him and getting candy...Parker was pretty cute in his lap, I would put some pics online, but I think my card reader is packed somewhere in storage in Dallas!! Instead of having bible class, we all loaded up in the church bus and cars and went christmas caroling. It was so fun and the kids loved every minute of it for sure!
Thursday we woke up really early because the movers told us that they would be at the house at 7:30 AM....yah, right. They got there at 10:30.....so they finished packing the truck around 3:30 and we hopped in the cars to go to Ft. Worth. We let the kids run around the old house after the movers left and they were getting sad so we decided to head on out. We dropped off Aaron's car in N. Richland Hills at some friends' house and then we tried to get to Searcy that night....I think we hit Ft. Worth right at traffic time. It took us over an hour to get to a road that was in the direction of Searcy. CRAZY. I kept asking Aaron if he was sure we should live there...pretty funny. We got as far as Texarkana and decided to get a hotel and spend the night. The kids were so glad to be out of the car and we were glad that the day was over and we could get some sleep!!
Sooo, to make a long story longer, we got up on Friday and drove to Searcy and that is where we are now. The kids have spent the night with Jess and Cliff, gone shopping for each other, told each other what they got each other, made a gingerbread house with Nana, baked christmas cookies for Santa and watched The Polor Express with the family!! Phew! I'm tired just thinking about all the stuff they have done in the past 3 days!!
Hope ya'll have a great day tomorrow and hope that Santa flies your way tonight!!
Sunday, December 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Merrry Christmas!!!!! Santa's been by here...
Merry Christmas!!! Wow, I am exhausted just reading about your day!
All is well, Santa will be here after Wed! You remember!
Love & Slope life,
Glad you've made it to Searcy safely. We've had a great and busy Christmas, too. We're in Huntsville right now. Tim set up wireless internet in his mom's house today so we're all sitting aournd tonight playing on our computers! It's prety funny! He's even teahcing his mom how to use his old computer...his defence for buying a new one!
Jenn, I hope you guys have a good time this holiday. Please pass on my greetings to your family! -- Jen Hutch Gorham
Merry Christmas
Love,
Cassie
I love you!
I pray that you guys had a great Christmas! i know you're all enjoying time with family, and a break from all the boxes! :) I feel your pain about DFW traffic, but before too long, you'll be a back road bandit like my mom, overcoming traffic jams and defeating all odds :) God bless you guys.
This coment is actually for Jessica. I thought she was my facebook friend, but I can't seem to find her. I saw Tom and Pam Dickson today. I told them that you had asked about them and they were very touched. They said to tell you hello and thank you...That Tyler had really loved and thought a lot of you. Pam buried her mother on Dec. 15. She still looks very frail as always but they seem to be doing ok.
Post a Comment