Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's SNOWING!!!

I woke up this morning to check the radio to make sure that school was cancelled for Grace and sure enough it was, so I went back to bed only to be woken up a little while later by two VERY excited little girls. "IT'S SNOWING!! WAKE UP!!"
I got them all bundled up and out they went for so long that I had to call them in to warm up!! Oh how I miss our easy one-piece snow suits and snow boots from Alaska. I hope whomever we gave them away to is enjoying them now!! I did find a pair of Grace's old boots for Susie, but Grace is stuck wearing her cowboy boots for this year.
The first thing Grace did was to lay down and make a snow angel! So, she taught Susie and now our back patio is covered in angels.
Aaron took them over to the playground where they had more snow to play and more room for snow angels. Parker and I stayed here at home in the warm!!
Get ready Arkansas, the snow is headed up ya'll's way!!! Happy snow day from Texas!! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

laura said...

Jennifer,
I still remember pictures my mom took of me one of our winters in San Angelo, with bread sacks over my feet and shoes, in place of snow boots, and with my strawberry shortcake umbrella over my head because the snow was still coming down pretty hard... oh the memories :) and the ways we improvise for our kiddos!

Jennifer said...

It is heading this way, actually snowing as I type. We are supposed to have a potential foot by the time the storm moves through! Considering we have had little snow over the last 5 years that I have lived here, I am actually looking forward to this snow. We came out of taekwondo tonight and it was starting to come down and I started doing airplanes through the parking lot! Who is the adult around here? Haha, I love enjoying God's weather! I'm glad your girls enjoyed the snow you had!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad ya'll had fun...looks like all we will get is rain. The weatherman apologised to all the school kids that will be disapointed, but he forgot the group saddest of all...the teachers! Oh. well maybe next time. Surer glad Grace and Sus had s great time! Love you all...good luck on first day at the new office Aaron!

Anonymous said...

Glad to share! (-:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Looks like the snow was fun. And I was so glad to see the photo of Parker and Jonas and Jeremy. Somehow I didn't realize that Jonas has been born yet or I had forgotten (which is probably the case...my mind is mush these days!).