Friday, November 10, 2006

Proud!

Today I am just such a proud Mommy. Grace (and the rest of the Kindergarters) sang at the Veteran's Day Celebration here in Graham. It was a great tribute to all of our heroes and I was so glad that our kids could be a part of such a great ceremony! Grace is standing on the front row, very middle in a red shirt. They were told to wear red, white or blue shirts with jeans. She was so cute and did so great with her songs. After they were done singing, they closed the curtain and went back to school and I kept Susie and Parker there for the rest of the ceremony. A lot of people left after the kids sang and that is their loss. The program after they sang was WONDERFUL! It made me so proud to be an American and live in a free country. I am so grateful for all those who have served and are serving in our military to keep us safe and free.
Here is Susie after the ceremony standing beside one of the jeeps that they brought to show for the collection. There were medals, photos, uniforms and lots of great stories told. What a great morning. If you have a chance, take your kids and yourself to a ceremony to honor our veterans. Our children need to learn of the service men and women who gave their service to make our country great! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

That's great! I am so glad that they have renewed the effort to teach our kids in school about patriotism. It seems like my kids missed that all together somehow when they were going through school and it breaks my heart that they have little regard or respect for our service men or the freedoms that we have in America and how blessed we are to live here!