Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Mommy Day!

Parker is 4...a big 4, but still 4 years old.  I love Mondays and Fridays.  Parker calls them, "Mommy Days" and I love that.  If you didn't already know, Parker is a Mama's boy.  Every morning at 6:30 AM, he comes downstairs from his bed and crawls in bed with us.  Aaron says that he comes in earlier sometimes, but most mornings, it's almost on the dot, 6:30.  We don't get up at our house until 7AM.  Just right for a little snuggle time to start out a busy day.  He gets up on his own a tad bit before 7 and runs upstairs to watch something on Netflix in the playroom while I get the girls ready for their day.  He even shuts the door to the playroom because he knows it will get Susie in trouble if she goes in there before school.  So cute. 

So, I'm getting off here....because today is "Mommy Day" and we are going to make the most of our day.  I put a huge roast in the crock pot this morning so I wouldn't have to cook tonight.  We are going to tackle Target and get the cooler packed for this weekend's games.  Grace and her softball team, The Texas Turn 2, are playing in the Winter World Series, so we will be gone all day tomorrow and Sunday.  We will roll back in town just in time for small groups Sunday night.  Pray for warm weather...it's no fun to be out there freezing!!

Parker is also WAY into playing chess right now.  Aaron got a new chess set for Christmas from my parents and taught the two littles to play over the break.  Grace already knew how....I know you are surprised.  So, now anytime we are home (which really isn't that often) the kids want to battle it out in chess.  We lead such exciting lives, don't we???

Well...I'm off.  Let Mommy Day, begin!!

Oh...and I know, there haven't been any pictures....I loaned my laptop to a friend who's computer fried, so I will put pictures up next week when she gets her new one and I get my laptop back.  Promise.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Parker is a sweetie pie:)
I love that you have mommy days.....