Friday, March 05, 2010

My fam...

So blogger has been messing with me for the past 30 minutes and I don't know if I'm good for another 30 on the laptop...we'll see.  I had an old friend requested pics of my side of the family so they could see how the Arkansas side of the family has changed.  Oh my...you are in for a treat if you just knew us when you were a student at Harding. 

Let's start from the top....Jeremy married a great girl, get this, named Jennifer.  Yes, isn't that a hoot?  So, at christmas time we have to put our full names on the presents.  It's pretty funny.  I love her and am so thankful that she is in our family.  She and Jer have two of the cutest little boys in the world.  Of course, they are my nephews and I can say that about them.  Jesse is the blonde of the bunch and he is so smart!  Our Susannah asked the other day if she could marry him and I had to go all into why we don't marry our cousins.  She loves him and I know why.  He's super sweet.  Jonas is the little one who looks just like Jer in the pic.  He and our Parker were born 10 days apart and they are so funny together.  LOVE my nephews!!

Jess married Cliff almost 7 years ago (that went by FAST!) and they are giving me my first niece on this side of the family in April!! Can you tell I'm so excited??  Little Ella Kate should be making her appearance at the end of April and I hope I can make it there in time for her first peek at the world! :)  Cliff is a lawyer in Cabot and Jess is still working many hours at Dillard's, waiting for the little one to arrive.  They live out on the farm (as my kids say) because you can see deer out their back windows.  We love going to visit Uncle Cliff and Aunt Jess...we'll love it more after April!! Can't wait!!

Jon is our new college grad.  We're so very proud of him!!  He is all grown up...which is still hard for this big sister to believe...but he is doing great and looking for a job.  :)

Mom and Dad are doing great.  Actually, better than ever.  Dad is the dean of Communication now and currently...he's in Italy with a group of students and teachers that are filming a promotional documentary about Harding's program in Florence, Italy.  Pretty Cool.  You can read about their trip right here...Mom is still teaching in a little town outside of Searcy.  She loves her students and teaching.  I selfishly want her to retire so that we can see her and spend more time with her...but she is great at her job and the kids love her.  So...I guess we can wait a few more years!

So...there you go.  The James family....all grown up...well...kinda. 

4 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE your family pic and the brothers/sisters shot. Priceless. Congrats on Ella Kate-can't wait to see pics when she's born.

Salza Family said...

Love this post! So fun for those of us who knew the 'James Gang' way back when. I can't believe Jon is all grown up! I think of him and chicken nuggets every time I see a Wendy's! Congrats Jess! Love ALL you guys!

Sandi said...

Loved seeing everyone! I haven't seen Jeremy in forever, and I don't think I would have recognized Jonathon -- does he still only eat chicken nuggets?? :)

The Blume Family said...

Thanks so much for sharing about your family! When you commented on my blog, it took me forever to figure out who you were. You were a little girl when I lived in your house (do you remember that?). I couldn't believe that "little girl" had kids of her own! I guess we all think that not that much time has passed. Anyway, it was great to see all the pictures. Your family is beautiful.
Love, Benay