Wednesday, September 30, 2009

She is 6, already??


I know...kids are born, the have birthdays, they grow up. Yadda, yadda, yadda. It's the whole circle of life thing...I get it. Susannah turns 6 years old today and I just can't believe it! I count our moves by the ages our kids were when we moved. When sweet Susannah was born, she (and her crazy parents and 2 year old sister) were planning to move to Alaska. Sweet little Susie Q...she was 7 days old and we all hopped on a plane to the middle of the Alaskan wilderness! Okay, not really. We loved our town and our friends up there...it was a great adventure! We moved back to the lower 48 right before Susie's 2nd birthday. I told you, I remember moves by my kids birthdays.

Susannah woke up bright and early this morning, came in our room all dressed and ready for the day! "I'm SIX today, Mom and Dad!!" She was grinning from ear to ear and I loved it. She wanted muffins for breakfast, so I of course, stayed up last night making her favorites. We put a candle in one and sang to her this morning. Gotta start off the big day, the right way! I'm off to Ladies Bible Class-we are doing the Beth Moore Daniel study, sooo great! I totally recommend it if you ever get a chance to do one of her studies. This one is great! After ladies class, it's off to Susie's school to bring her some lunch and of course, princess cupcakes!!

Happy 6th Birthday Sweet Susannah! We love you so much!!

2 comments:

Jen Mall said...

I thought about Susie several times today! I wish we were there to celebrate with her! Tell her we love and miss her!!!

Amber said...

WOW!!! Six... I still remeber being amazed you did the whole move with a one week old! Maybe you should try AK again!! Miss you and tell Miss Susie~ Happy Happy Birthday!