Aaron got the "official" letter from his company last week and he accepted the transfer to Houston. We leave on Friday morning to start our house hunting trip and Aaron starts work on Monday. His company doesn't mess around with the whole moving thing. They tell you that you are going to move and then you pretty much start very soon after. I think this move is already been the hardest and we haven't even put the house on the market or gone and looked at houses.
When we moved here, we thought this was the last move. We thought we were going to get to retire here...goodness, we've already moved 7 times in (almost) 11 years of marriage and we aren't even in the military! We picked out this house because it was in one of the top schools in a great school district. I could picture my kids hanging out with their friends in the game room upstairs as teenagers. We picked out this house with that and so many other things in mind.
But, as we have learned and I'm sure you have as well, sometimes God has other plans. Bigger and better plans that we have no idea are in store for us. I know that is the case here. As much as I dread leaving my friends who have become sisters and uprooting my kids from their wonderful friendships at church and at school....God is in control and He ALWAYS has a plan. So, over the next month, you may have to remind me of that plan and that is okay. I can look back at every single one of our moves and see so very much of God's work in our lives. When we get to Houston and can look back, I will see that God put us in a wonderful, caring and loving church home where we have made some of our closest friends, ever. That will never change and for that, I am so eternally thankful.
Grace left this morning for the Frio River for the next 6 days with a family from church. They asked her to go on vacation with them months ago and now again, God is showing his plan by making their trip the same weekend that we needed to send the kids somewhere so that we might get down to Houston and house hunt. What a blessing and she gets to have a blast with her friend, Jackson!!
Susie and Parker leave this afternoon with 2 friends that are taking their sweet daughters to Summer Experience at Harding. Again, I totally see God's work in this trip. I mean really, for them to go to Searcy, have room in their car, and want to take a 2 year old and a 5 year old with them?? If you look for God's plan...it is so there, right before your eyes so many times.
Aaron leaves for a teaching trip to Shreveport this afternoon and I will have the house to myself to finish cleaning so that we can put it on the market as soon as we get back. I'm going to be a crazy cleaning woman for the next 40 hours or so....When he gets back Thursday night, we'll figure out what we need to do and then early Friday morning we head out to Katy to look at some houses with the realtor.
So...now that you have read this long post...what can you do?? Pray, pray and pray some more...I could go through the list, but I think you know what. Pray for traveling safely for all of us, pray we find a house, pray we sell our house here....etc, etc, etc. God knows.
Love ya'll. Mean it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
prayers covering all of you
God will continue to use you guys in amazing ways wherever he puts you
love you guys!
Blessings, blessings, blessings!!
Thank you for your wonderful Godly attitude about the move. You are a great example for me!
you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! God is in control and he will continue to make all things work for His glory!
It's wonderful to see your submissive heart in this post. I know it's got to be hard and I know how hard moves can be, especially when you have to leave friends behind. We are still praying for you guys and will continue to be praying for you as you move!!
Jennifer, I'm behind in blogland and just wanted to wish you guys good luck in YOUR upcoming move!
Post a Comment