Monday, June 02, 2008

We got a Wii!!

After church and lunch yesterday, Aaron suggested a family trip to Wal-Mart. Yes, not my favorite place to go with the whole family, but he had some things that he wanted to get so I figured, why not? We got his items and then were off to the food side of the store with the obligatory stop in the video games/movie section in the middle and what did they have? Yes, a Wii game system. Just one, sitting there by it's lonesome. Aaron said that we needed a reason to buy it so that the kids don't think that we just drop $300 for no reason, so I told the girls to tell daddy, "Happy Father's Day!" That just made our Father's Day in a few weeks so done!!
The girls got to play for a little while before small groups, but we turned it off when it was time to start singing. After our group went out for dinner, we came home and our great buddies the Skeltys came, too. Jack and Grace had a great time playing baseball and golf. Jack has a Wii so he gave Grace some tips on how to play. Of course, JMan and Daddy had to take their turns and play a little Wii tennis. It was fun. Jen and I just sat on the couch and watched while they all played. It was a nice end to a great Sunday.

On another note, Aaron's sister Carrie called yesterday and said that Aaron's sweet Nana York is in the hospital in Tennessee. They have diagnosed her with liver and lung cancer. We don't know to what extent the cancer has set in yet, but she is older so that is never good. Aaron's mom is trying to fly out this week and when she gets there we will know a little more about what we are going to do. I'm thankful that Nana York has lived a long and wonderful Christian life. We were talking to the girls about Nana last night and Grace said, "She will be in Heaven with Miss Grace. She will be just fine." I agree. What ever happens, God will take care of our Nana York. Please just keep Aaron's whole family, especially Nana and Papaw York in your prayers this week.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Shana said...

Yaaay for the Wii! We have an XBOX 360 but sometimes I wish that we had the Wii. I think that I could operate it better. I also like the new Wii Fit. Let me know if you get that. I think it would be really neat and maybe a reason for Grana and D Daddy to get a Wii. ha! Wow- what a great Father's Day gift! Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

You've just made it harder to convince Jonathan he doesn't need a wii for father's day. He's been bugging me for the past few weeks now! We are not video game people but he is sure it will be an excellent addition to our household! Hope yall are having fun with it (knowing Aaron, you definitely are)
--Susan

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Nana York. I hope she will be okay. The Wii looks like fun for all of you...

Danna Ramsey said...

Catching up on all I missed. When we got to the picture of Susie with the hair in her face, Sophie said, "Is that me riding that bike?" Sad, really. BTW, your kids are so beautiful!

Skelty said...

Who is the big fat guy in those pictures?

Anonymous said...

Prayers certainly going up for Aaron's family. Please send our love.

Kathryn & John said...

Parker looks like a natural with the baseball bat.