Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday!

Now that it is officially summer vacation, things are off and running with activities and our family. It's GREAT! Now I'm going to stop and list my 10 things! You go and make your list and link back to my good friend at X-Box wife...it will make your day!

1. I'm thankful that we live in a town where there are great parks in almost every neighborhood. We have a really nice park right down the street from our house and we love it. Our playgroup from church has been going to a different park every Wednesday and it's been so neat to find new and different parks for the kids to play.2. I'm thankful for friends who help me raise my kids. Last night we went to Harding Night at Ranger Field. It was so great! There were over 1000 people there representing Harding, either alumni or future students or just family. We took 60 people from our church and we all sat together. We had 3 full rows and the kids had a BLAST. I am convinced though, that I wouldn't have had near as much fun if 2 families hadn't have gone with us to help us with the kids. Aaron was playing in a golf tournament and met us at the game (much later than he expected) but I was totally fine with that because we had 2 super families there to help us. REALLY, if the Brightwells and the Flemings had not have been there, I would have taken the kids home in the 2nd inning. We all met up at church and carpooled with the Mallory family as well. It was such a blessing. Parker loved being with Paul and Steve. The bigger girls loved being with Jenna and Bethany. And I enjoyed the conversation and support of Andrea and Renee. It was a fun and enjoyable evening. Parker just ran up and down the isle and played with all of his friends from church. He made a new buddy with Collin that he will have to fight Kendall for, but other than that...we all had a great time.

Parker with Paul and Steve (he woke up this morning and said,"Paul? Steve?" )

3. I'm thankful for Daddy's that get to have their time. Aaron loves to play golf. But he hardly ever gets to play because he would rather be at home with the kids (and me, I hope!) When company tournaments come around he gets to play and loves it. Yesterday he won 2 $100 gift cards because he made the shot closest to the pin and the other card because he won a drawing. But, he wouldn't have won either if he hadn't have gone. So, I'm thankful that he has a sport that he enjoys playing and is good at, even though he doesn't play that often.

4. I'm thankful for my sweet sister. She sent me 3 big bags of clothing a few weeks ago with most of them being very nice dresses for our summer trip that we are taking in a few weeks to share with my friends. We've all had fun going through them and trying them all on....I love my little sister so much! She is always thinking of others (and us all the way over here in Texas!) She and her sweet hubby get to move into their new house this next week and I can't wait to go and visit and see them and the new house!!!

5. I'm thankful for bible class teachers. Young and Old!! I was reminded this week of a special bible class teacher in my own life. Miss Latina Dykes was my 2 year old bible class teacher and was still teaching 2 year olds until her death this past week. She had Grace and Susie in her classes when we would go and visit Mom and Dad's church in Arkansas and was going to start having Parker this summer. She taught the 2 year old class for over 30 years on Sunday mornings. What a great lady that will be missed by many in the Searcy community.

6. I'm thankful for my kids bible class teachers at our church. Grace has a really special set of teachers this year in second grade that we all just love and respect so much for their commitment to that grade. We had promotion on Sunday and Grace was so excited to get to move up to that class!! Of course, we are so excited that she gets to be in the Swafford's class, too!! All of the wonderful people that teach are children are a blessing in our lives!

7. I'm thankful that school is out for the summer for Grace. She has been home for almost a full week and things are running smooth, so far. She goes in her room to read every day during Parker and Susie's naptime for family quiet time and she has been a good help around the house about keeping her things picked up. Of course, we are all thankful for that!! Aside from her fit last night coming home from the Ranger's game at 10:30, things have been great. But don't ask her about the Wii, she is grounded from it for the next 24 hours and is not happy about that!! :) We will see how the rest of today goes with that!!!

8. I'm thankful that we get to sleep in a little later now that it is summer vacation!! This morning we slept until about 8:45!! That is way over our normal time and it was so refreshing to not have the alarm going off at 7 am!!

9. I'm thankful for Curious George on PBS kids. Really, I am. Parker doesn't watch TV, but he will sit still (well, kinda) to watch Curious George every morning while I get to drink my coffee and have a few minutes at the computer. If you see him, ask him to say it (Curious George) it is sooo funny. Cute kid!!

This is Parker hitting the ball in the "kids area" at the Ranger's game. Make the picture bigger by clicking on it and look at his face...he LOVED this part of the ballgame!!

10. I'm thankful for my husband. He works a great job (that he loves!) so that we can live in this super city that gives us so many opportunities with church and friends. I get to stay at home with our kids and we have a church family that supports and loves us. We went out Saturday night with a big group of friends to dinner and had a great time. I love our life here in Texas!!

10 comments:

Our Family! said...

Hi, Jenn! I always love coming to your blog and reading your lists! They are so great. Your pictures are beautiful! Have a blessed week!

~ Amy

Shana said...

I am so bummed that we did not get to go to HU night. I can't believe there were 1000 people there.

Tell your sister to send some clothes this direction if she ever has a need to package up some more clothes. ha!

Anonymous said...

Look at your face...Aaron's not the only one chewing his tongue!!!!Glad ya'll had fun!

mzzterry said...

How wonderful to read of someone who is living a blessed life =) Have a super week.

Anonymous said...

Well, my little alarm clock still goes off faithfully every morning at 7:00 a.m...and he doesn't allow snoozing!:)

Jessica said...

Welllll...
I am thankful for a fabulous big sister that I can call and gripe, complain, be happy, be sad, cry, laugh.....anything.
I love you & hope you enjoy everything that I sent. I hope you, Aaron, and your friends have a good time on your trip. I know that you will be smokin hot in those dresses. Love you lots.
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your post and your pictures were lovely. Glad you had fun!

Amber said...

I am thankful for a buddy who loves you even when you stick at keeping in touch!

Love ya Jenn!!!!

Love and Colony Parade,

Amber said...

Hee hee....

I guess, I stink at editing, too!!!

Love and college grads who can't spell!!!

Kelli said...

hey jennifer! i hope you don't mind that i put a link to your blog on my blog. you and your family look great! it's been so nice to "catch up" with friends via facebook. :)