Monday, December 19, 2005

Why you named me Grace

We are here in Searcy at my Mom and Dad's house. But, before I type any more, I have to write what Grace said the other day at our house. We were just sitting and eating lunch, the girls and I, and Grace, out of no where says (very seriously, I might add)"Mom, I know why you named me Grace."
"Okay, why did I name you Grace?" (I really wanted to know what she thought....)
"So that I could save a wretch, that's why" And then she finished eating and went and played in her room. I was about to split my pants open because I wanted to laugh so bad, but I waited until she was in the other room and I called her daddy and told him and we laughed together. At church, the girls eat some snacks, but they have been eating them way too quick lately so we made a new rule that Grace has to sing the songs in church and then when it is time for the sermon, she can have her snacks. I guess she has really been listening to those songs to know that "Amazing Grace was sent to save a wretch like me!" I guess she thinks that she is THAT Amazing Grace!
The girls are having a great time here at mom and dad's house and so are the adults. Aaron spent the night in line at Best Buy in Little Rock on Saturday night and FINALLY got his xbox 360. He was #26 and they had 28 game systems. One lady spent the night in line and then in the morning when they handed out tickets to the first 28 people (she got one, she was #4) she took her ticket to the end of the line that didn't get tickets and sold hers for $300 cash!! She spent 16 hours in the cold and made $300!! It almost makes me wish I would have been out there with Aaron, but not really. Mom and I got almost all of our shopping finished, now we just have to wrap everything!! :)
Grace had a special day today with her Great grandma. Last night after church, we asked Grandma where she wanted to eat dinner (she is diabetic, so she gets to pick when we all go out, that way she gets what she needs)and she said Wendy's. Well, after much discussion, we decided to go to Mazzio's and get pizza. By that time, Grace wanted to go to Wendy's too, so to ward off any bad tantrums, Grandma said she would take Grace to lunch at Wendy's today. So, today Grandma Hogan came and picked up Grace for lunch at Wendy's and they had a great time.
I'm off to wrap some presents...don't want to wait until Christmas Eve!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what an amazing "Grace" she really is!!! God's got great things in store for her.

Unknown said...

i'm in searcy too!!! are you planning on going to memphis?

Anonymous said...

I love it! I really need to see that Amazing Grace and Wonderful Suzannah, too! I wish you guys were coming to Memphis! Love you!
Tammie